What Will I learn
Reach Intermediate Level of Proficiency in Spanish
After 4 to 6 seasons, most students
at Spanish Class Minnesota reach the Intermediate level
of proficiency (as defined by the
American Council of Teachers of Foreign Languages ( ACTFL).
At the Intermediate level you will be able to:
- Talk about yourself, your friends and family members: tell what you or your friends do for a living.
- Tell what you did last week, last year, last Summer, anytime in the past.
- Tell how you are feeling and why.
- Order your meal at a Spanish restaurant.
- Register at your hotel.
- Tell your taxi driver where you want to go... and so on.
- Read menus, schedules, timetables, maps, and signs.
- Read simple texts dealing with basic personal and social needs about which you have personal interest and/or knowledge.
- Understand main ideas and information from texts featuring description and narration.
- Write names, numbers, dates, nationality, and other simple autobiographical information, as well as some short phrases and simple lists.
- Write short, simple letters.
- Write short texts about personal preferences, daily routine, everyday events,
and other topics grounded in your personal experience.
- Ask and answer questions and participate in simple conversations.
more about the ACTFL proficiency guidelines.
This is how
you can keep learning Spanish...
and these are the courses
I'm offering this term.
Spanish Class Minnesota in Minneapolis-Saint Paul.